CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEERING – NO SUMMER CONSTRUCTION
Volunteers are needed on the construction site on Saturdays between 8am – 4pm (8am – 12pm, 12:30pm – 4pm, or all day 8am – 4pm shifts). Mid-week work teams are utilized on an “as needed” basis. For mid-week opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Services Director.
Make sure you have a completed waiver
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Services Director at 281-403-0708 ext. 305
CONSTRUCTION SITE HOST
A Construction Site Host serves as the volunteer host at the construction site. Duties include but are not limited to: set up sign-in and refreshment tables, set out supplies, greet volunteers as they arrive, assist volunteers with sign-in and completion of volunteer information forms, clean up, remind volunteers to sign-out when leaving and thank them for coming.
Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to the community while doing something you enjoy? To show appreciation to the hard working construction volunteers, Fort Bend Habitat provides lunch Monday and Saturday. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested in providing lunch for a work crew of 30-50 volunteers.
Group volunteers are welcome to assist with Construction, the Habitat ReStore, and various special projects. On-site construction work is the most popular of Habitat’s volunteer opportunities. Each year dozens of alumni groups, businesses, houses of worship, professional organizations, and schools participate on the FBHFHwork site!
Group volunteers are scheduled on a first come-first serve basis. We have group volunteer opportunities Tuesday-Friday and on Saturdays.
Can’t swing a hammer? That’s OK, there’s more to us than construction!
Due to the tremendous amount of planning and management required to build just one home, we have a constant need for committee members and volunteers to help with various other tasks. You don’t need to be an expert in any of these fields to help out! There are many tasks that require only a willingness to learn and work with others.
Listed below are some of the non-construction volunteer opportunities. Contact the Volunteer Services Director if you’re a candidate for any of the volunteer opportunities listed below.
- ReStore Warehouse Volunteers – The ReStore is always looking for volunteers to work in the store. Volunteers clean and prepare donations for sale, provide sales assistance on sales floor, straighten sales floor and shelves and assist with inventory control.
- Office Assistance – FBHFH is always looking for folks to assist in data entry, answering the phone, and other general office activities.
- Website/Social Marketing – Also needed are volunteers to maintain and update the FBHFH website, as well as take and post pictures of the construction site, promote FBHFH events/activities, advertise volunteer opportunities, and advertise products for sale in ReStore on the website and social marketing sites.
- Media, Newsletter, Press – For anyone interested in writing for the newsletter, issuing press releases, making contact with local media, etc. No experience necessary!
- Workshop Leaders – FBHFH is seeking volunteers with extensive knowledge in plumbing, electrical, heating/venting, etc. that would be willing to teach homeowners and conduct monthly workshops.